Sunday, October 9, 2011

Get Fit. Get Paid.

Many, many BeachBody Coaches are out there sharing their stories about why they became a BeachBody Coach, and the stories and reasons are very, very similar...and that's actually a good thing. I, like so many, decided that this was a great way to not only build a business, but get out into the community in a different way. My day job is as an assistant professor in a teacher education program at Central Connecticut State University in New Britain, CT. I already do quite a bit of work in the community supporting teachers, students, and families. However, I find that this is a very intense setting with tensions all over the place. Education is a very stressful place to be these days, and sadly, I feel like the reward of being a teacher is being lost so quickly. For me, becoming a BeachBody Coach was a great step! I am able to connect with people so quickly in our community through health fairs, road races, festivals, etc. when I set up my booth and talk to people. I love it. I also love writing these blogs on the off chance that someone might read them!

Here's my story...
Basically, my grandparents died in their late 60's because of very unhealthy practices. My wonderful mother, who I love dearly also, has struggled with being overweight, and she knows, as well as I do, how important it is for the both of us to take care of our bodies because of our family history. So, over the summer of 2011, I did INSANITY and lost 17 lbs, which for me, was phenomenal. I started drinking Shakeology, too, which was a tremendously positive effect on my nutritional habits and mindset. It literally stopped my cravings for junk food, sweets, and salt. It was amazing. My wife, Katie, who is also a BeachBody Coach, had a 30+ point drop in her cholesterol, which was a first for her! It's really amazing the kind of changes that happened to me and Katie, so for us, there was no question of whether or not we should do this business (by the way, she's also a professor...so if you're thinking that time is an issue, you don't get much busier than us two...did I mention we have a 1 year old, too?). Even if all that ever happened was to get our 25% discounts on Shakeology every month, I was happy. However, we're not stopping there...

Chalene Johnson Says It All
Below is a great video from Chalene Johnson, one of the fitness instructors with BeachBody. She has put together TurboJam, ChaLEAN Extreme, and TurboFire for BeachBody. Her enthusiasm for this company is contagious and truly insirational!



It's a business, but it's more than a business. If anyone thinks that this is a get-rich-quick process, they will be sadly disappointed. I work every day (happily, by the way) on building my BeachBody business, and if anything, it's a fairly slow building process that has long-term pay offs. You have to have the long view with BeachBody. The supports early on are very good, but it's definitely work for sure. What you sow is what you reap with this business.

That said, it's a passion of labor for me. I've seen a huge change in my own views and practices of health and wellness because now it's a business. I connect meaningful with strangers on a fairly regular basis, and it keeps me off the streets ;-) Okay, that's a lie...I'm actually on the streets talking to people more often! That's a good thing, though.

There's real meaning to this work because it is about helping people become healthier and healthier. There's a real reward to it. Contact me at drkurtlove@gmail.com any time if you'd like to do this truly inspirational work!

If you'd like to become a BeachBody Coach, go to: http://www.beachbodycoach.com/drkurtlove and click on "Coach."

No comments:

Post a Comment